Corporate Intranet & Extranets
Creating Digital can provide a fully proprietary feature-rich company intranet development or extranet on open-source technology that provides your business with enterprise level functionality and unprecedented flexibility. Creating Digital can customize your intranet development by a unique look, content and functionality. We can build an intuitive administration interface that is tailored to their unique business needs. Each custom application is designed to be completely scalable and backed by Creating Digital’s support staff. Contact us today to get started!
- Company Wiki’s
- Company Image Gallery
- Company Product Gallery
- Company Employee Directories
- File Portals
- Help Desk Systems
- Ticketing System
- Customer Relationship Management
Creating Digital has relevant industry experience in the following disciplines:
- Health Care
- Personal Finance
- Investment Finance
- Celebrity Sites
- Political Sites
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer eCommerce
- B2B eCommerce
- Real Estate
- Brand Name Alcohol Companies
Creating Digital Custom Intranet Development has completed projects that have facilitated collaboration, offered online employee directories, employee forums, posting of tickets, knowledge base. According to Wikipedia benefits to an intranet are:
- Workforce productivity: Intranets can help users to locate and view information faster and use applications relevant to their roles and responsibilities. With the help of a web browser interface, users can access data held in any database the organization wants to make available, anytime and — subject to security provisions — from anywhere within the company workstations, increasing employees’ ability to perform their jobs faster, more accurately, and with confidence that they have the right information. It also helps to improve the services provided to the users.
- Time: Intranets allow organizations to distribute information to employees on an as-needed basis; Employees may link to relevant information at their convenience, rather than being distracted indiscriminately by email.
- Communication: Intranets can serve as powerful tools for communication within an organization, vertically strategic initiatives that have a global reach throughout the organization. The type of information that can easily be conveyed is the purpose of the initiative and what the initiative is aiming to achieve, who is driving the initiative, results achieved to date, and who to speak to for more information. By providing this information on the intranet, staff have the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the strategic focus of the organization. Some examples of communication would be chat, email, and or blogs.
- Web publishing allows cumbersome corporate knowledge to be maintained and easily accessed throughout the company using hypermedia and Web technologies. Examples include: employee manuals, benefits documents, company policies, business standards, news feeds, and even training, can be accessed using common Internet standards (Acrobat files, Flash files, CGI applications). Because each business unit can update the online copy of a document, the most recent version is usually available to employees using the intranet.
- Business operations and management: Intranets are also being used as a platform for developing and deploying applications to support business operations and decisions across the internetworked enterprise.
- Cost-effective: Users can view information and data via web-browser rather than maintaining physical documents such as procedure manuals, internal phone list and requisition forms. This can potentially save the business money on printing, duplicating documents, and the environment as well as document maintenance overhead.
- Enhance collaboration: Information is easily accessible by all authorized users, which enables teamwork.
- Cross-platform capability: Standards-compliant web browsers are available for Windows, Mac, and UNIX.
- Built for one audience: Many companies dictate computer specifications which, in turn, may allow Intranet developers to write applications that only have to work on one browser (no cross-browser compatibility issues). Being able to specifically address your “viewer” is a great advantage. Since Intranets are user-specific (requiring database/network authentication prior to access), you know exactly who you are interfacing with and can personalize your Intranet based on role (job title, department) or individual (“Congratulations Jane, on your 3rd year with our company!”).
- Promote common corporate culture: Every user has the ability to view the same information within the Intranet.
- Immediate updates: When dealing with the public in any capacity, laws, specifications, and parameters can change. Intranets make it possible to provide your audience with “live” changes so they are kept up-to-date, which can limit a company’s liability.
- Supports a distributed computing architecture: The intranet can also be linked to a company’s management information system, for example a time keeping system.